October 29, 2018
Moving slowly is a feature, not a bug.
Things often go sideways when humans take things that should take a long time, and package them into condensed dosages.
- Clash Of Clans instead of chess.
- Fireball shots instead of martinis.
- Soul Cycle instead of a Saturday morning bike ride.
- Instagram likes instead of coffee with a friend.
- Meal kits instead of fermenting your own 20-year-old kimchi.
Last week, Sarah Silverman and Howard Stern were discussing Steve Martin’s brilliant wit.1 Sarah proceeded to share a story about Steve. One year,
“He needs to get off Twitter.” “Why doesn’t he hire someone to watch what he says?” “He shouldn’t have taken a puff on Joe Rogan’s podcast.” I’ve
Thanks for reading this far.
I have an appetite for conversation.
Text me or tweet @breakfastbybill but definitely don't subscribe.